Monday, April 15, 2013

Nashville Fashion Week 2013!

Nashville Fashion Week, the push that started it all!

This year was Nashville's third annual fashion week and it was nothing short of the splendor it held last year. The headliners included lines like Nonoo, T. Rains, Modern Trousseau, SAND, and many more!

I booked the opening shows for Tuesday and Friday night, so my nights consisted of several clothing, hair, and makeup changes. Needless to say, I was a busy woman and I wouldn't have survived or been ready in time to walk without my dressers. Those girls did so much for me, fastening buttons, zipping up zippers, and tying my shoes.

Shout out to them, Danielle, Zaina, and Nancy, you guys are awesome!

Tuesday night was the opening night, and it was by far my favorite. The venue chosen to kick-off the week was the Pinnacle building in downtown Nashville. From the 22nd floor, I could look out and see the lights all over town. It was such a dazzling sight!



I walked for Reddoll and Kal Reiman, and may I say, they rocked the house! With peplum, frills, and tulle, Tatyana Merenyuk's line Reddoll showcased feminine silhouettes and "old hollywood" hair and makeup. Kal Reiman's collection featured menswear inspired looks with lots of layers and fall colors. Within a matter of minutes, I went from a curly-haired doll to a slicked back androgynous woman. Both of those looks rank high on my list so I was enthralled the entire evening.

Reddoll

Kal Reiman

Tracey Reese

Kal Reiman

Reddoll
 
I didn't enjoy the Friday night show as much, and it could have something to do with how my day started. I forget my heels at the place I was staying, which is forty minutes outside of Nashville, and the place where we had fittings were freezing cold. I had to wear someone else's shoes, which is gross and they didn't fit, so that was throwing me off. I tripped in my Abi Ferran dress, which was a first for me, so after that point, I was ready for the show to be over. The after-party, however, was a huge success! Photo booths are an all-time crowd pleaser, and that night was no exception. We piled as many models as we could into that booth, snapped away, and were able to get copies for everyone. The party that night did help to make up for the day I had, and in the end, I got to snuggle up in bed, skype my boyfriend, and go to sleep.

Ps. Friday I walked for Lagi Nadeau, Abi Ferran, and Leona.

Abi Ferran, can't you see how I tripped in this? My heel was caught right in the netting, but I was able to keep my cool. This is my pissed off face.

Lagi Nadeau

Leona


Enjoy your day!
Caleigh xx

No comments:

Post a Comment