Thursday, April 25, 2013

Layla Mays: Emotion

Eyes are the window to the soul.
My very first photo shoot consisted of a hotel stairwell and a camera. The photographer told me we were going to try some really hard emotions and that I should just loosen up and feel it. It sounded so easy, “ but being vulnerable and emotional in front of a complete and total stranger is hard. One year later, I can finally say its easy for me to let loose in front of the camera and really get something great out of it. The biggest tip I have for anyone looking to improve this aspect of their shoots, or just for anyone who is curious how we do it, you must feel whatever emotion you're trying to portray. If you want sad, be sad. If you're happy, be happy. Feel it and be vulnerable; let your inhibitions go. Whatever emotion you're trying to portray, give it all you've got and really get your point across!



Here are some photos I shot with photographer Layla Mays during my trip to Nashville. We played around with emotion, and these were the best takes. Enjoy!

Longing
Confused
Lost in thought
Thoughtful
Angry
Questioning
Frustration

I hope you enjoyed the photos!

How well do you think I hit the emotions?

Caleigh xx

2 comments: